Oct 16, 2008

Catching up

So, I've been out of touch for the last few days. It has been busy with a trip to Atlanta, a full Saturday, and finishing a great book.

First the book. You need to order and read "Same Kind of Different as Me".
I first ordered it at the recommendation of a co-worker, along with some other books. Then Jenn picked it up and began reading. She couldn't put it down, saying "it'll make you cry." Then I began reading it, and in my slow manner of reading, took a few times of sitting down to get into it. The latter part of the book however, I couldn't put down and read in one night, after I wiped the tears off my face. Jenn and I were in Seminary in Ft. Worth at the same time some of the events were happening. It really changes your perspective on homelessness and the impact one can have.

Second, the trip to Atlanta. I took the opportunity to go to the "Catalyst Conference". This is a leadership conference inviting speakers to inspire and encourage Christian leaders. Pastors such as Andy Stanley and Craig Groeschel, to leaders in racial reconciliation, marketing, and even Yahoo! All I can say is "wow!" I was blown away by the content, worship, and technology. It was a good time to get away from everything and focus on what, where, and why God has called me to be where I am today and try to catch a vision for what the future holds.

Unfortunately, Jenn did no
t go with me, but I did get to stay at her sister's house and got to see my neice, for a short time anyway.


On my way back, I met Jenn and the kids at her parents house. Saturday morning, we went to the Cotton Ginning Days Festival. Sorry, we forgot the camera, or I would show you pictures of Jay and Lydia in the inflatables, or seeing the tractors, or even touching some of the cotton.

Then we went to Jenn's PawPaw and MawMaw's house to celebrate his 90th birthday. Lydia and Jay like going to see the farm and did great in visiting their great-grandparents. Pictures of this to come, they're on my work computer.

This coming weekend, we may be traveling west to see some of the colors. I hear there is a Wooly Worm Festival in Banner Elk, if I can talk everybody into going. We are looking forward to going camping with my folks up in the mountains next weekend, or at least Friday and Saturday.

There, I think I've caught you up.

SEEYAINDAMORNIN...

1 comment:

Teesa said...

A lot of SP folks went to that conference too. I heard it was great. I also heard there is a Punkin Festival in Valle Crucis next weekend - should be fun for the whole family! Hope you enjoy the colors up here. The Wooly Worm festival is supposed to be really fun!